Announced September 1, 2013
Announced December 17, 2013
Due February 3, 2014
The mission of the Turner Dissertation Fellowship opportunity is to provide support and encourage highly qualified underrepresented students in the preparation of their dissertation. Turner Dissertation Award Fellows represent the Fellowship Program in various academic disciplines and specializations across the university.
|Click here for the Nomination Form and for more information about the program.|
- The number of awards granted annually will be based on the budgets for the coming year.
- Awards can be either one or two years in length depending on the outline of support being provided
- Recipients must be registered for full-time study by day 15 of each semester to maintain eligibility.
- United States citizen or permanent resident
- Doctoral student at Stony Brook
- Advancement to candidacy effective June 30, 2011
- Has not previously received any W. Burghardt Turner Fellowship funding
- Completed nomination form
- Supporting statement from Graduate Program Director
- Graduate-level transcripts
- Statement of interest from nominee